Career – Cell and Molecular Biology Research Scientists
SifoTEK®, a company that strives for a positive impact on our environment, was founded by entrepreneurs and Ph.D. scientists. SifoTEK®is based in Stavanger, Norway.
SifoTEK® has a dedicated and experienced scientists Team who has many RD successful records including 60+ publications and several patents. We have more than 50-year experience in both biotechnology and Food industries.
Our mission is to develop, produce and supply globally with Animal-Free, GREEN (reduced-CO2-emission), Sustainable, and Healthier Protein Ingredients for the Food and Healthcare Industries.
Due to the current high RD activities, SifoTEK® is seeking two dedicated cell and molecular biology Research Scientists who will work as a full-time in Stavanger, Norway. You will have an opportunity to work in a fast pace working environment with experienced scientists and to play a key role in the microbial culture and engineering for protein production.
- Master/Ph.D.’s degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline with at least one year of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Extensive hands-on experience with DNA cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR including designing primers and DNA sequencing analysis
- Expertise in Molecular Biology, Biochemical Assays, and Bioassay Development such as High-throughput fluorescence/chemiluminescence activity assays
- Previous experience with protein expression, purification, and quantification
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with stable cell lines construction, microbial cultures
- Knowledge and ability to perform Western Blots, Flow cytometry (FACS) assay, and cell sorting
- Competent in designing, prosecuting, and interpreting experimental studies.
- Experience in mycology, bacteriology, and laboratory-related techniques
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the capability to present data to the team.
- Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Capability to develop and validate new assays.
- Understanding of small- and/or large-scale protein expression and purification
- Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or food industry.
- Interpersonal skills, effective for working with people with different styles and backgrounds when business focus with urgency.
- You must have the ability to work independently and in teams. You easily connect to people and have good communication and social skills.
The application should be sent to: email@example.com ASAP (Please note: Apply for a position in Norway). We will be interviewing continuously.
We use background checks as part of our recruitment process.