Career – Cell and molecular biology Senior Research Scientist
SifoTEK®, a company that strives for positive impact on our environment, was founded by entrepreneurs and PhD scientists. SifoTEK® is based in Stavanger, Norway.
SifoTEK® has a dedicated and experienced scientists Team who has many RD successful records including 60+ publications and several patents. We have more than 50-year experience in both biotechnology and Food industries.
Our mission is to develop, produce and supply globally with Animal Free, GREEN (reduced-CO2-emission), Sustainable and Healthier Protein Ingredients for the Food and Healthcare Industries.
Due to the current high RD activities, SifoTEK® is seeking one dedicated cell and molecular biology Senior Research Scientist who will work as a full-time in Stavanger, Norway. You will have an opportunity to work in a fast pace working environment with experienced scientists and to play a key role in the microbial culture and engineering for protein production.
- PhD degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline with at least two year of relevant research experience in an industrial setting
- Extensive hands-on experience with DNA cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR including designing primers and DNA sequencing analysis
- Expertise in Molecular Biology, Biochemical Assays, and Bioassay Development such as High-throughput fluorescence/chemiluminescence activity assays
- Previous experience with protein expression, purification, and quantification
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with stable cell lines construction, bacteria and yeast cultures
- Knowledge and ability to perform Western Blots, Flow cytometry (FACS) assay, and cell sorting
- Competent in designing, prosecuting, and interpreting experimental studies.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience in yeast culture and protein purification
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the capability to present data to the team.
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Capability to develop and validate new assays.
- Understanding of large-scale protein expression and purification
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or food industries.
Interpersonal skills, effective for working with people with different styles and backgrounds when business focus with urgency. You must have the ability to work independently and in teams. You easily connect to people and have a good communication and and social skills.
The application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP (Please note: Apply for a position in Norway). We will be interviewing continuously.
We use background checks as part of our recruitment process. SifoTEK® shall sponsor working visa in Norway for right candidate.