Career – Cell and Molecular Biology Research Associate
SifoTEK® IS SEEKING A DEDICATED CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (in Durham, North Carolina, US)
SifoTEK®, a company that strives for a positive impact on our environment, has been recently founded by entrepreneurs and Ph.D. scientists. SifoTEK® is based in Stavanger, Norway with our Biotechnology Lab and experienced scientists Team in North Carolina, US.
Due to the current high RD activities, SifoTEK® is seeking a dedicated cell and molecular biology Research Associate who will work as a full-time contractor in Durham, North Carolina. The position will be transitioned to a full-time employee. You will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced working environment with experienced scientists and to play a key role in the microbial culture and engineering for protein production.
· Master/Ph.D.’s degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline with at least one year of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting
· Extensive hands-on experience with DNA cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR including designing primers and DNA sequencing analysis
· Expertise in Molecular Biology, Biochemical Assays, and Bioassay Development such as High-throughput fluorescence/chemiluminescence activity assays
· Previous experience with protein expression, purification, and quantification
· Knowledge and hands-on experience with stable cell lines construction, microbial cultures
· Knowledge and ability to perform Western Blots, Flow cytometry (FACS) assay, and cell sorting
· Competent in designing, prosecuting, and interpreting experimental studies.
· Experience in mycology, bacteriology, and laboratory-related techniques
· Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the capability to present data to the team.
· Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
· Capability to develop and validate new assays.
· Understanding of small- and/or large-scale protein expression and purification
· Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or food industry.
· Interpersonal skills, effective for working with people with different styles and backgrounds when business focus with urgency.
· You must have the ability to work independently and in teams. You easily connect to people and have good communication and social skills.
The application should be sent to: email@example.com.
For information about the position, please contact our CTO, Khanh Ng. at Khanh.Ng@sifotek.com